Chemiluminescent ammunition applications provide realistic “hit signatures” that are Non-Pyrotechnic, Non-Dud Producing, and Environmentally-Friendly.
Developed to address cost and risk associated with traditional pyrotechnic training ammunition, CyMunition solutions directly address costs related to unexploded toxic pollutants and range fires.
CyMunitions have many applications in training, tracing, marking and signaling. Day and night time visible, Cyalume’s 40mm payloads provide universal capabilities in light output and duration with unrivaled visible covert capabilities in both “Wet & Dry” range conditions. Cyalume’s covert applications leave no residual visible light.
Cyalume Technologies is proud to be a manufacturer of chemiluminescent ammunition technology.
CYALUME 40MM AMMUNITION CAPABILITIES
- TRAINING – Allows the warfighter to train without the safety concerns of conventional ammunition.
- MARKING – CyMunition marking applications offer both day and nighttime visible and covert marking capability.
The Cyalume 40 mm Low Velocity practice cartridge is a fixed type ammunition designed to be fired from 40 mm grenade weapon systems.
For use in weapons:
M203, M79, H&K69 and other compatible NATO qualified low velocity 40 mm grenade launchers.
CyMunition chemiluminescent payloads are 100% non-pyrotechnic completely eliminating the risk of range fires when training.
Every year range fires are caused by training with conventional ammunition and much training time is lost due to the inability to train during dry range conditions.
Cymunition payloads do not produce unexploded ordinance (UXO). Cyalume’s ammunition payloads, reduce range clean up costs and greatly enhance the training experience by allowing realistic doctrine training scenarios at maneuver training centers.
Unlike most conventional ammunition payloads, CyMunition chemiluminescent technology eliminates the harmful and costly impacts to human health and the environment.
CyMunition payloads are comparable in cost to traditional payloads while offering considerable future cost savings because they eliminate UXO cost which are in excess of 3x the actual cost of conventional rounds.
- Estimated environmental clean up cost due to toxins found in conventional training ammunition in and around training ranges in the United States are in excess of $20B dollars (1).
- New Cyalume 40mm chemiluminescent payloads have clean up cost savings of $75/round compared to the related conventional training ammunition as cited in the 2003 Defense Science Board Report.
- CyMunition applications offer the unit commander the capability to train and qualify during both “Wet and Dry” Range Conditions allowing the Warfighter to complete their respective training cycle on time and within budget.
(1) Source: 2001 U.S. Defence Science Board